SUNDAY 4 JULY
iC4C, NG3 2AR
Morning Slot: 10AM – 1PM
Afternoon Slot: 2 – 5PM
Our annual audition invites 11 to 17 year olds living in the East Midlands with exceptional potential in dance. Once applications are processed, auditionees will be assigned a morning or afternoon slot .
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY:
– Upon arrival, press the buzzer for Dance4’s iC4C.
– Please ensure you’re wearing a mask/face covering to enter the building and when using the steps up to iC4C. There is also a lift available which will be to your left as you enter the building.
– Once you reach the door to Dance4’s iC4C please use the Track and Trace QR code which will be on the front door. We ask you to also please use the wall-mounted hand sanitiser before entering.
– Someone will be on reception to register you and assign you an audition number. They will then inform you where you will need to go.
The audition will be led and delivered by Gary Clarke. Gary is regarded as one of the UK’s leading independent dance artists and has established himself as a respected choreographer whose work has toured both nationally and internationally.
The audition panel will be made up of:
– Hayley Arthur (Dance4 Producer)
– Dwayne Church-Simms (Dance4 CAT Co-ordinator)
– Hannah Sharpe (Dance4 Programme Director)
– Louise Collinson (CAT Pilates Tutor)
– Bakani Pickup (Independent Dance Artist)
Starting with a 2-hour practical session consisting of a contemporary technique class followed by a creative class.
After the practical session there will be an open discussion in small groups, to help us get to know you a little better.
There will be no individual interviews on the day, instead some participants may be invited to take part in a digital interview over Zoom with members of the CAT team in the week following the audition.
Remember we are looking for potential and commitment not necessarily previous dance experience.
No offer of a place will be issued on the day; all applicants will receive an email within 2 weeks of the audition.
Image by Josh Hawkins.