Closing Date for Applications: 9th August 2020
An opportunity for 4 East Midlands based dance artists to undertake a Research Residency at Dance4’s international Centre for Choreography (iC4C) whilst social distancing measures remain in place.
Selected artists will work closely with a member of the Dance4 producing team to devise a package of support and the right environment to nurture their practice.
Residencies will take happen with restrictions in place steered by the latest government guidelines and health and safety advice. A limited number of people will be allowed at iC4C at any one time, and the building will be closed to the public.
We are offering 4 independent dance artists, who’s interests align with Dance4’s priorities the opportunity to be in residence. Each residency includes 5 consecutive days of studio space in-kind, producing support in-kind, and £500 cash. During your residency we ask that you animate your process in some way for the wider community (in written, audio or video form), make a connection to a public through Dance4’s ‘A Cuppa With…’ series (live or pre-recorded); and connect with other artists on the programme.
Residencies are being offered between September and November 2020. The dates and content are to be proposed by the artist and negotiated and scheduled in agreement with Dance4.
– Your interests for the residency must align with Dance4 priorities
– You are an independent artist working in dance
– You are based in (and currently living in) the East Midlands
(Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland)
– For the residency, you and any collaborators will be able to get to iC4C without using public transport (i.e. walking, biking, driving)
– You are aged 18 or above
– You are not a full-time student
– You are not currently in negotiation with Dance4 about a residency at iC4C
How to Apply
Applications are now open.
If you prefer you can answer these questions in audio or video form, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline for Application
– Application process open 5pm Friday 10 July 2020
– Deadline to apply Sunday 6pm 9 August 2020
– Residencies decided Thursday 13 August 2020
– Negotiation period August
– Delivery period September to November 2020
Applications will be shortlisted and selected anonymously by the following artist panel:
and supported by Dance4.
Applications will be shortlisted based on the quality of the proposal, alignment with Dance4’s priorities, and in the balance of the final selections monitoring forms will be used to ensure there is diverse representation across the 4 places.
We are committed to ensuring equality of access for all. We work to celebrate and encourage diversity in our workforce, artistic programme and our audiences to better reflect society. Please see our Equal Opportunities Policy here.
If you need more information about this application or need assistance with submitting an application, please email email@example.com