Young people aged between 11- 24 years can enter to win a Nottingham Young Creative Award.
Categories span across different art forms and are supported by professionals in the creative industries in Nottingham. Dance4 and Nottingham City Care Partnership co-sponsor the dance category of the Nottingham Young Creative Awards.
The Nottingham Young Creative dance award winners will benefit from gaining acknowledgement for their dance accomplishments, raise their profile in Nottingham and benefit from cash prizes.
In order to be eligible to enter the Nottingham Young Creative Awards, you must either live, work, study or create dance activity in Nottingham. A full list of eligible City areas is available here.
New for 2020
- Gedling Ballet School Seniors
- Gedling Ballet School Juniors
- Flying High
- Bilborough College
If you would like to enter an individual application or apply on behalf of a group that meets the criteria that is not part of the two events above please follow the details below.
Criteria – To enter the dance category, your dance activity, choreography or leadership work can either be focused on any theme or idea or no theme at all. Applicants must identify themselves as one or more of the following:
Your application should demonstrate you dancing in your own or other choreographer’s work.
You should submit work which you have created on yourself and/or on other dancers.
Your application should evidence your work with other dancers/dance professionals and/or your leadership work in dance.
A group of dancers/choreographers
One person should apply on behalf of a group entry. A group leader can apply for the group but must identify the young people’s involvement and where possible involve them in the application process. Group applications should identify themselves in the age category which reflects most of the group members’ ages. Group applications should demonstrate group performances or choreography where each group member has contributed to the overall content.
How to apply
1. Complete the online application form, and in the 300-word statement explaining the following:
– Why you have entered the awards
– What your/your group’s role is within the dance activity
– How the dance activity has developed your skills (dance and other skills)
2. Enter into one of these three age brackets (awards will be given in each)
– 11 – 15-year-olds
3. Tell us about any live performances, events or workshops that the judging panel can attend to see your work live. Please enter details in the Other Information box on the application form.
4. Submit supporting evidence about your work, one or more of the following:
– Video links of rehearsal or performance footage with any passwords needed
– Videos of yourself talking, describing your dance work
– Links to websites featuring your work
The more evidence you send the more the panel will know about you. Please ensure you put web links and passwords in the Other Information box of the application form.
The dance category applications will now close on Monday 27 April.