internationale tanzmesse nrw, the world’s largest showcase of contemporary dance, is back and will take place in Düsseldorf, Germany from Wednesday 31 August to Saturday 3 September 2022.
The next edition of Tanzmesse focuses primarily on networking and the exchange of knowledge. Three sections set the frame of international tanzmesse nrw: Agora (Exhibition space), Talk & Connect, and the Performance Programme to facilitate knowledge transfer and discussions among dance professionals. To find out more please visit NEXT TANZMESSE 2022.
As part of FABRIC’s (previously Dance4) continued international showcasing work, and alongside partners The Work Room, Scotland & National Dance Company of Wales, we will co-ordinate a UK presence at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022.
Both Scotland and Wales will be offering a similar bursary for those that live and work in these localities.
If the internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022 marketplace isn’t the platform you would like to attend this year, Dance from England is offering an additional 10 bursaries for artists and producers to attend an alternative international marketplace of their choice. This opportunity will be available soon, e-mail [email protected] to register your interest.
APPLY FOR A BURSARY
Dance from England will support a delegation of approximately eight independent artists and producers to be present at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022 and to be part of the Dance from England exhibition space as an exhibitor.
Awarded bursaries will include:
– Slow return travel (avoiding flights) from England to Düsseldorf (31 August & 4 September)
– Five nights’ accommodation in Düsseldorf
– Registration to be an exhibitor at the Dance from England booth
– An honorarium of £700 for all commitments related to this offer (preparation, travel days, active attendance at Tanzmesse, evaluation meeting & paper)
– Per diems x6 days at £25
– Attendance at advance planning session in June
– Dance4 will create a 1 pager document for each artist/producer to compile a digital booklet promoting all Dance from England delegates. Successful artists/producers will provide the content to enable us to create this
– Attendance at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022:
- Train travel on Tuesday 30 August
- Attend scheduled Dance from England networking activities
- Be in attendance at the booth for your allocated time slots
- Arrange your own bespoke set of meetings using the Tanz delegate list
- Engage in the Tanzmesse programme as per your own schedule
- Return train travel Sunday 4 or Monday 5 September subject to trains
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– work independently (i.e. not in receipt of regular funding)
– be a dance artist or dance producer
– be based in and make work in England
– have a desire to /or represent a dance artist who wants to work internationally. Prior experience is not required
– you (or the artist you are representing) must have created at least one work that you can talk to. Ideally, you will have had the experience of touring nationally
– be happy to commit to the expectations as listed above
– be committed to actively taking part in the Dance from England events at internationale tanzmesse nrw
– contribute to a written evaluation and take part in an evaluation meeting online no more than 30 days after return
– be available for all of the internationale tanzmesse nrw dates
This opportunity will be subject to an open call and a shortlisting decided by an independent panel.
Submission deadline: TUESDAY 3 MAY, 12PM (noon) (BST)
PLEASE NOTE: The online application form does not have a save option and we recommend that you create your answers in a separate document to then copy and paste your answers back into the online application.
You can use this Word template to create/draft your answers first.
Alternatively, if you would rather create a video or audio submission to answer the questions in the application form, you can send completed files via WeTransfer to [email protected] or Whatsapp on 07415004809.
Anyone else attending Tanzmesse and representing themselves or an artist from the UK, whether self-funded or with their own space, is welcome to join the UK contingent shared activities and networking events.
Landscape image by D. Matvejevas.