Dance from England is delighted to offer 10 bursaries for independent artists or producers based in England to attend any international marketplace or festival that has a strong presenter presence.
This new opportunity is for artists or producers who have already been researching and making international connections and have a compelling motive for visiting. For example, this might be the nature of the work you make (i.e. family work, queer work) and you have found emerging audiences for it overseas or an artistic kinship with a specific scene or community that could lead to presentation.
This opportunity should aim to create touring opportunities through relationships that you have been cultivating for some time rather than starting from scratch.
We are particularly interested in receiving proposals that consider sustainable models for international working. The proposed marketplace or festival should take place before 1 September 2023.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– work independently (i.e. not in receipt of regular funding)
– be a dance artist or dance producer with at least 5 years professional experience
– be based in and make work in England
– have a tour ready work suitable for your international target market
– have a strong track record of touring
– have started to build your international networks
– have infrastructure in place to enable you to take up international touring opportunities
– not be in receipt of an international tanzmesse nrw 2022 bursary
Awarded bursaries will be £1500.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply via the online application form (linked below).
Please note: The online application form does not have a save option and we recommend that you create your answers in a separate document and then copy and paste your answers back into the online application.
You can use this Word template to create/draft your answers first.
Alternatively, if you would rather create a video or audio submission to answer the questions in the application form, you can send completed files via WeTransfer to [email protected] or Whatsapp 07415 004809.
Submission deadline: Monday 8 August, 10am.
Landscape header image by Gregory Batardon.