In September 2016 Dance4 spearheaded the pilot project ‘Dance from Great Britain’ as part of the national Great Britain Campaign on behalf of National Dance Network.
A collaboration between UKTI (funded through the GREAT Campaign), Arts Council England, the British Council with additional support from Wales Arts International and Creative Scotland. The aim to promote the export potential of UK contemporary dance by creating a series of performances, events and showcases at Tanzmesse 2016 in Dusseldorf, Germany – Europe’s most important dance trade event.
The project aimed to raise the profile of the UK’s dance sector to an international business audience with the aim of increasing the potential for export opportunities.
The campaign promoted the rich cultural offer in the UK to attract tourists (supported by Visit Britain) as well as students who might want to study arts subjects in the UK (supported by British Council).
As part of Dance from England, the following work was presented;
– Trace Elements by Janine Fletcher
– Plan B For Utopia by Joan Clevillé Dance
– Brocade by mysteryskin (Roberta Jean)
– Folk by National Dance Company Wales
– MK Ultra by Rosie Kay Dance Company
– Getting Dressed by Second Hand Dance
– Of Land & Tongue by Theo Clinkard