The Outdoor Dance Showcase is an exciting programme taking place both online and in Birmingham from Wednesday 22 to Saturday 25 June 2022 as part of Birmingham International Dance Festival (BIDF) 2022.
Pitch Your Work will be part of the online showcase happening on Wednesday 22 June 2022. The open call for Pitch Your Work is now live.
Pitch Your Work event allows selected dance artists who are based and create work in England the opportunity to promote their current outdoor touring production, whether finished or in-progress, to a group of international festival programmers and bookers.
It’s intended that this opportunity will best serve artists wanting to connect and make meaningful relationships with international presenters and have the ability and ambitions to tour their work abroad.
The shows pitched can be of any scale, but we advise that programmers will be looking prominently for small and medium-scale work that can easily be toured abroad. Your pitch can focus on finding presenting partners or co-commissioners; however, the work must already have some form of funding and / or support in place.
Who is Eligible?
– Artists / companies who have an ambition and ability to tour internationally with finished work that has not yet had much or any international exposure and would be ready to tour abroad from June 2022 OR Artists / companies with work in progress that will be ready to tour from 2023.
– Artists / companies must be based in England
– Artists / companies can only submit one work
– Artists / companies may not submit work that they have already pitched as part of the Outdoor Dance Collection: 21
– Artists performing in the Outdoor Dance Showcase as part of BIDF 2022 can apply, but priority will be given to companies not already included in the festival programme.
Pitch Your Work application pack including what to expect and timeline available to view/download here.
How to Apply
We are accepting application in either written (online), video or audio formats. Please ensure you read through the guidelines, including eligibility criteria to ensure you can apply.
We advise you to view and download the application questions in a Word or PDF document. You will not be able to save your progress and return to the application later, or review it before submitting, so it is suggested you draft the questions in advance in the Word document before completing the online application.
To access the application form where you can upload an audio or video response to the questions please click here.
Click for here for audio description of the full application form.
For any questions or to access this application in alternative formats please contact Grace Okereke at: [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: 11:59pm Wednesday 6 April 2022
Landscape image of Black Victorians by Jeanefer Jean Charles at BIDF 2021. Image by Paul Stringer.