Shadow Dancing delves into notions of duality and the interplay of shadow/light within us in a very practical and literal way. This is a way of physicalising the themes of the work.
Suitable for little people and their adults, Leila has developed two ‘How-To’ videos to get you and your shadow dancing and invites you to playfully take part:
– What does your shadow look like?
– Have you said hello to your shadow today?
– Have you danced with your shadow? What makes our shadow?
Your shadow is something that’s always there whether it’s small or large and we take it with us everywhere we go. Can it do more than just follow us around? With the help of a flashlight, we will play with our shadow, looking at different ways we can create a shadow, its size, shape and how we can make our shadow dance.
How to Get Involved
1. Watch the ‘how-to’ video (child or adult version) available below from 11AM, Thursday 11 June.
2. Using steps outlined in the video, get playful and create your own shadow dance.
3. If you are willing, you can create your own video or photos, full of your own creative ideas and share your ‘Shadow Dances’ to social media using the hashtag @mcmillanleila or #shadowdancinglm
Children: For ages 3+ with parents/guardians
Adults: For ages 16+
Both videos approx 4mins in length and will be available below from 11am, Thursday 11 June and will remain up for 1 month until Friday 10 July.
How-To Video for Shadow Dancing for Families
(3+ with Parent/s/guadian/s)
How-To Video for Shadow Dancing