CROWD – international dance exchange is a collaborative network of dance organisations, together seeking to support dance makers who engage with communities as part of their practice.
Through hosting residencies and opening up space for discussion and knowledge development, the programme aims to support dance artists with an established practice in community engaged dance making to build their professional network, exchange experience with others in the field and develop their practice.
CROWD – international dance exchange 2022
This year, ten selected dance artists (one from each host country and two from NRW in Germany) will collaborate with the support of the network partner organisations.
The selected artist from England will be paired up with an international artist and host organisation. They will take part in two two-week residencies:
– one at international Centre for Choreography (iC4C) in Nottingham and
– one at their international hosts organisation.
Alongside the residencies, between June and October the entire network will engage in digital, discursive sessions exploring community engagement in dance.
Applications for the 2022 programme are now open.
Dance artists with a demonstrable practice in community engagement are encouraged to apply. The CROWD network is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and we encourage applications from those from under-represented backgrounds. We have bursaries and support in place to accommodate applicants with additional access needs or caring responsibilities.
Application Deadline: Monday 21 March 2022, 10am (GMT).
Further information in accessible formats on how to apply can be found at crowd.dance.
– Apply by please reading the supporting document and completing the application available through the crowd.dance website.
– A panel consisting of representation from the industry, host organisations and independent artists from a diverse range of lived experience will shortlist applications.
– Shortlisted applicants will then be shared with the network and artist pairings will be decided based on artists preference and alignment to the brief.