Dance from England will support a delegation of approximately eight independent artists and producers to be present at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022 and to be part of the Dance from England exhibition space as an exhibitor.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– work independently (i.e. not in receipt of regular funding)
– be a dance artist or dance producer
– be based in and make work in England
– have a desire to/or represent a dance artist who wants to work internationally (prior experience is not required)
– you (or the artist you are representing) must have created at least one work that you can talk to (ideally, you will have had the experience of touring nationally)
– be happy to commit to the expectations as listed below
– be committed to actively taking part in the Dance from England events at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022
– contribute to a written evaluation and take part in an evaluation meeting online no more than 30 days after return
– be available for all of the internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022 dates
Awarded bursaries will include:
– Slow return travel (avoiding flights) from England to Düsseldorf (Wednesday 31 August and Sunday 4 September)
– Five nights’ accommodation in Düsseldorf
– Registration to be an exhibitor at the Dance from England booth
– An honorarium of £700 for all commitments related to this offer (preparation, travel days, active attendance at Tanzmesse, evaluation meeting & paper)
– Per diems x6 days at £25
– Attendance at advance planning session in June
– Dance4 will create a 1 pager document for each artist/producer to compile a digital booklet promoting all Dance from England delegates. Successful artists/producers will provide the content to enable us to create this
– Attendance at internationale tanzmesse nrw 2022 which include:
- Train travel on Tuesday 30 August
- Attend scheduled Dance from England networking activities
- Be in attendance at the booth for your allocated time slots
- Arrange your own bespoke set of meetings using the Tanz delegate list
- Engage in the Tanzmesse programme as per your own schedule
- Return train travel Sunday 4 or Monday 5 September subject to trains
This opportunity will be subject to an open call and a shortlisting decided by an independent panel.
Full details about this opportunity can be found here.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: TUESDAY 3 MAY, 12PM (noon) (BST)
Landscape image by D. Matvejevas.