The Nottdance Reading Room is a pop-up collection that will be available for 3 days during the festival bringing together a range of publications by artists and a selection of readings around relevant themes.
Hamish MacPherson will be bringing a collection of artists’ zines he has gathered from Chisenhale Dance Space in London, alongside his own zine Still.
The Nottdance Reading Room will also host a selection of books and articles that open up thinking and discussion around important subjects and questions. These will include a selection of readings on climate activism and artistic practice, contributed by Rita Marcalo (aka Instant Dissidence), including:
- Out of the Wreckage by George Monbiot
- The Power of Just Doing Stuff by Rob Hopkins
- This is Not a Drill by Extinction Rebellion
- Playing for Time by Lucy Neal
- The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells
- No One is too Small to Make a Difference by Great Thunberg
and a selection of readings on anti-racist practices in dance, contributed by the collaborative research project, Contemporary Dance and Whiteness.
Browse, have a chat, open up a new conversation and have the opportunity to take home one of the original artists’ publications that will be for sale.